Visiting 無為草堂 (WuWei Teahouse,Taichung)

I recalled before heading to Taichung, Taiwan, I googled for famous landmarks in the city.Blogs after blogs, 無為草堂 popped up. A 8min Taxi ride from my hotel, I had to visit this place! You'll find in most blogs the whimsical side of 無為草堂 in the daytime but unfortunately I can afford only time off in the evening. But hey, it looks great even in the evenings! 

Traditional looking shop front with a short passageway inside, this teahouse stands out quite distinctively amidst the modern landscape of Taichung. Welcoming you in is the friendly and pretty Ms Wang( I shall grab a photo of her when I visit the teahouse again). It's my 2nd visit and Ms Wang recognising me, offered a complementary sponge cake to go with tea ^_^ Thanks!!!

With regards to photos, because I'm on a business trip,  let's make do with my trusty iPhone.




En route the rooms, I passed many large Koi pond. Sadly, it was too dark for a decent photo.  The rooms are Japanese styled with beautiful artworks lining up on the walls, the temperature is regulated at around 26 degrees C. Just perfect and comfy. 

For dinner, I chose one of their house favourites; Hakka duck, pickles, green bean soup, sweet melon fruits  and delicious 珍珠(Taiwanese unpolished pearl rice). The food was really awesome. All food in Taiwan is nice to be honest :)  I shall try some of their other set meals the next time!!









You can read about my review of Alishan Oolong from Wu wei Tea house here









No comments:

Post a Comment