Mid-Autumn Festival 2014

The highlight of this year's Mid-Autumn Festival from the previous years is the addition of pu erh enjoyed with the yummy Singapore Airline’s maiden traditional lotus egg mooncakes.

I’m very much a Oolong person but pairing of those light oolong with moon cakes just didn't seem to match. Heavier roasted yan cha seem to also lack that oomph to go with these lovely moon cakes. 

A couple weeks back, I brought some mooncakes to Tei’s place.We decided to pair it with his newly purchased 郎河 2010(Lang he) 熟(cooked) pu erh. I will review this on a later date. Prior to this I have only drank Pu Erh a handful of times. But boy does the earthly rich smooth pu erh is compliments the sweet floral moon cakes. Hence, i decided to immense myself into the new world of pu erh.

I bought a cake of cooked  pu erh, Yi Zhan Chun "一盏醇"  2012 literally means "a cup of rich, smooth & mellow tea" and the rest is history.  So while i enjoy that with my family i was also fixing my little sister's faulty iPod home button. Yes, an iPod classic in year 2014 haha..

Oh pardon the funky coloured photos taken with my iPhone.








No comments:

Post a Comment